Grant Proposal Presentations

Monday, February 28, 2022 was Senior Ditch Day, a Poly tradition marked by the senior class not attending school that day. 

Our Global Scholar grant project presentations happened to land on that day as well. At 4 P.M., the 2022 Global Scholars cohort met in the Upper School Library, where we presented our grant projects to a panel that would determine which projects would receive funding...and which ones wouldn't. Although we had to deal with several technical difficulties, the overall experience is one that I will never forget for different reasons. 


I highly enjoyed listening to the other Global Scholars' presentations because I had only heard snippets of each before then. Each project was so well-thought-out, and every group was so passionate about their work, which made the entire process entirely inspiring. 

For myself, I have to admit that it was quite nerve-wracking to present to the esteemed panelists. Even though I was prepared, I was nervous because I knew that I could not prepare for the questions that the panelists would ask. But, I knew my project so well that the questions were not as difficult as I expected. My own presentation went by quickly, but I am grateful for the experience.

While we waited for the panelists to deliberate, we debriefed as a group. It was easy to tell that tensions were high among the group, but everyone certainly felt relieved to be done with the long process. When we returned to the library to hear the final distributions, we were met with quite a surprise: everyone's projects would be funded 100%. 

This news was unexpected but exciting, nonetheless. We left the library on a high note, knowing that all of us Global Scholars would be making a real impact in the world, thanks to the Global Initiative Program here at Polytechnic School. 

Comments

Popular Posts